|“||Italian Combat Shotgun. The SPAS-12 is a high performance semi-automatic combat shotgun designed and manufactured by Franchi S.p.A. It has a very intimidating appearance that makes it even more appealing to soldiers.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The SPAS-12 is a Shotgun introduced during the 02-11-10 Content Update.
The SPAS-12 (Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun) is a dual purpose 12 gauge shotgun. Thought not the most powerful Shotgun, it is more popular over the pump-action variants because of the fact that it's an automatic shotgun. With this ability, the player can create follow-up shots should the first shell not kill an enemy. The only drawback of the SPAS-12 is its low ammo capacity, which can be remedied with an extended magazine modification.
Due to the June 5th Content Update, the price of the SPAS-12 was lowered to 37,000 euros. This really changed the SPAS-12, as it was previously viewed as an expensive yet ineffective shotgun. As the price lowered, players were provided with an inexpensive yet reliable shotgun that can replace the expensive Saiga-12 or the Striker 12, which is now available timed only. Similar to its brother, the SPAS-15, both SPAS' have below average damage and high ROF. However, when close enough, both the SPAS-12 and the SPAS-15 can kill with 1 shot. This makes the SPAS-12 the most cost efficient, 1 shot kill shotgun.
Overall, the SPAS-12 is very similar to the Saiga-12 in most statistics, and is strictly limited to close quarters due to its low accuracy.
- Custom Choke (+2 Accuracy, -2 RoF)
- Increase Magazine (+3 Ammo)
- If you are actually going to use this gun(You're better off using a Remington870 or a Striker 12) then it is wise to modify the gun with all the mods. Adding the Barrel will allow the pellets to group together, which at least helps with the damage, while the ammo mod allows you to spray and stay in the fight for much longer periods of time.
- but if u want to spray or play CO-OP with the SPAS-12, it's best that u don't add the barrel because the barrel will reduce the Rate Of Fire by alot and it also redueces the DPS if u add the barrel. ~A SPAS-12 vet.
- Adding the barrel is not fully recomended because if u actualy miss the first shot u can't make the other shot due to how slow the ROF is. ~A SPAS-12 vet.
- Though the SPAS-12 possesses 75 damage points, it is still enough to 1 shot kill a player at close enough range. Always get closer to your enemy as much as possible, and finish them off with a pistol if needed.
- Never zoom with the SPAS-12. Like the Saiga-12, both shotguns will produce extreme recoil and lowers ROF when zoomed. Though this might be a disadvantage, the SPAS-12 has above average ROF os 35, which can quickly finish off the enemy with the second shot if the first shot gets tanked.
- Reload often. The 5 round tubular magazine is not going to hold much, and is highly advised to get the Increase Magazine modification, as enemies can easily tank SPAS-12 shots due to range and accuracy.
- When reloading, find a safe place. The SPAS-12 reloading animation is quite long, similar to the M1897 Trench Gun's reloading animation. Unlike the Remington870's reloading animation, which features a super fast reloading of shotgun shells, the SPAS-12 puts each shell in slowly. Thus, reloading "on-the-go" and under intense fire will get you killed.
- The SPAS-12 has high ROF and moderate recoil (for a shotgun). Use that to your advantage and shoot at the enemy more than once to confirm that he/she is dead. It is very easy to tank SPAS-12 shots due to the large crosshairs and the fact that zooming will increase the recoil and lower ROF.
- The player can easily make "follow up" shots, where the recoil and cause the crosshairs to jump around the head/neck area of the enemy. Due to the high ROF, the player can easily squeeze off headshots due to the large pellet groupings and manageable recoil.
- Saiga-12: The Saiga-12 is very similar to the SPAS-12, and features 5 more damage (75 to 80), same accuracy (30), same range (10), and 5 more ROF points (35 to 40). The Saiga-12 is technically a better shotgun to use, but due to the extreme vertical recoil, the Saiga-12 is turned down by many players.
- The SPAS-12 is a combination action shotgun, capable of firing in both pump action and semi-automatic, although a slight more unreliable then its peers (Benelli M Series) due to its complex mechanism. It has also had quite a long carrer in the entertainment industry because of its "menacing" look.
- The ingame SPAS has a picatinny rail fitted atop the reciever(Not standard on any model), along with the stock being unfolded makes this configuration extremely similar to the SPAS-12 seen in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and its sequel, Modern Warfare 3.
- Written along the side of the reciever(Above the trigger guard) is "S.P.A.S. 12 - L Franchi S.P.A.-Brecia", Franchi S.P.A. is an Italian weapons company and (former) manufacturer of the SPAS-12,Brecia is possibly a typo of the city of Brescia in northern Italy,why the city is mentioned on the shotgun is strange however,as Franchi is based in Milan.
- The shotgun was produced from 1979 to 2000, since then production has ceased and it has become somewhat of a collectors item.